I grew up in a little known town in Maine as the youngest of two girls. From there, I attended college in Ohio where I met the love of my life. We were married a couple of years later and, after I graduated with a degree in Social and Behavioral Science, my husband and I decided to move down south where the weather was nicer and the opportunities were ample. I worked for a couple of years in the human resources field but I knew there was something more I was called to do.
In 2012 I became a mother. Nine months after our son’s birth, we bought our first home. A year later we were blessed with our second child. I now stay at home full time with my son and daughter while my husband does a wonderful job supporting our family. I am also happy to announce that, by God’s amazing Grace, we are expecting our third child in January of 2014!
Being a housewife is my passion. I live to serve my family and raise my children. Being an INFJ Personality Type, I constantly seek perfection in all that I do. I decided to begin this blog to help others find easier and more efficient ways to run their households and their lives and bring joy to others through the gifts that God has given me. My techniques are ever changing and my passions are ever growing, but my purpose remains the same: to achieve relaxation, freedom, and joy in my life.
I thank you for visiting my site and I encourage you to look around. I hope you can gain a few new ideas from the information I have to offer. As someone who is always looking for personal growth, I welcome any input you may have. Please feel free to contact me at any time.
23 Things I’d Like You To Know About Me:
- My Myers Brigg’s Personality Type is an INFJ (Introvert, iNtuitive, Feeling, Judicial) and that means a lot to me.
- I love quotes. Having my thoughts and opinions stated by someone else makes me feel like I’m not alone.
- There are a lot of things I would love to write about, but I am an introvert so I probably never will.
- People who drive in the left hand lane when they are not passing someone is my biggest pet peeve.
- I couldn’t always cook. Just 10 years ago I was setting microwaves on fire while defrosting green beans, setting ovens on fire while baking a cake, and throwing “just add water” cookie mix in the trash when I messed it up.
- I hate offending people. I never mean to. If I do, I feel miserable for weeks and try everything in my power to make it up to them.
- I love when people confide in me, and I live for helping others, but I will never confide in them.
- I read tons of self-help books. It is my favorite genre.
- I have two cats that I love to pieces and, if my husband would let me, I would have more.
- I have two dogs that I love to pieces but they drive me nuts faster than anything else in this house.
- I will always answer questions honestly and thoroughly when asked directly.
- “Mom guilt” is my number one enemy.
- I write to help people. That is the only reason. If no one read what I wrote, I would stop writing.
- My husband is literally the best person I have ever met and there is no one I respect and admire more than him. He is my hero.
- I have a major fear of crickets and railroad tracks (now I’ve got you thinking about my logo, eh?).
- My long lost dream was to be a model and Janice Dickinson was my inspiration.
- I get cold if it is 80 degrees outside.
- I hope to one day retire on a cruise ship like this sweet old man I met once.
- I hate talking on the phone and will never call someone unless I have something important to say.
- I am a closet pessimist.
- I analyze my dreams everyday because I feel they are an important window to fully understanding our psyche.
- I blog anonymously somewhere else but you will never get me to tell you where.